Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy Lady on Campus

I haven't written a non-review post in a while and there's no time like the present. I can not resist linking to Jane at Dear Author's Romance Apologia Scale post and test, as it is hysterical. I'm an adult returning student (to college, not high school, although I've had that nightmare once or twice) and let me just tell you, I try to avoid bringing any additional 'crazy lady' attention to myself if I can help it. I read this post and had to put my head down I was laughing so hard, in the student union, during lunch time.

Really, if you are a woman and read at all, read this post. If you are a woman or man and you read romance (or any genre fiction) read the post and then take the test. And if you just miss the Cosmo quizzes, this one's for you too. You know who you are.

Let's just say I am such a Serious Sally and NO ONE wants to sit next to me in class! :) But I consider this an improvement on my previous Debby Downer status, so GO Sally.

Thanks to Jessica for the great link.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh damn, I'm a 16-23 gal. I don't think I've ever apologized for reading a romance in my life. That was a surprise, especially since I have no problems with F-bombs.

Heloise said...

But didn't you admit that you hesitate to carry some of these books around? Or was I thinking of someone else *cough*me*cough*.

Just loved reading the situations and options!

Kate said...

I don't like carrying around the ones with the heaving bosoms and unbuttoned-yet-tucked-ins. Plain covers I don't mind. But that quiz was great, though!