Saturday, September 1, 2007

Robin T. Popp 'Immortals: The Darkening'

I've definitely jumped into a series with this one. And I'm about to jump right back out. Lexi is a werewolf who gets involved in a Coven's attempt to call the Immortals (protectors of light magic beings on earth) who haven't been called in seven hundred years.

I think my favorite part of the book was the hero's name, Darius. I will give the author credit for plot and good pacing. The characters on the other hand are so flat I could mail them around the country like Flat Stanley. The closest we get to angst or internal anything is that Darius's mother put a spell on him as he got called to earth so that he wouldn't have too much fun there, and if he completes a sexual act he loses all his memory. Yup, this actually becomes the 'big misunderstanding' keeping them apart for at least 2/3rds of the book. Jaysus! Eye rolling and snorting happening over here cause for some reason I keep feeling like I can't pan a book without finishing it. I'm going to have to rethink that philosophy soon or my poor husband's gonna find me one morning with pencils sticking out of my eye sockets.

Paranormal Future Romance 2007: 0 of 5 stars.

PS. Photo taken in Appleton, WI 2004. :)

No comments: